Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Verses with a Purpose


Happy March Everyone! It seems so surreal that we are already 1/6 of the way through this crazy year. Today, I thought we would prioritize. What are you wanting to accomplish in the 5/6 of a year we have left? In what ways are you wanting to grow closer to God? What is most important to you and closest to your heart?

Over at Undeserving Grace on Sunday, Tara posted something wonderful  that I just had to try. Five verses. If you could pick only 5 Bible verses to pray each day, what would they be? It’s really not as easy as it seems! Picking just 5 out of probably millions of verses in the Bible must be impossible, right? Just about, but I did it!


Here are the five true gems of verses, in no particular order, that I would pick:


  1. “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
  2. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. – 1 John 5:14
  3. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. – Mark 12:30
  4. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
  5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not your own understanding. – Proverbs 3:5
I feel like I left out so many! These 5 really stand out to me though. I also love Romans 12:2: Do not be conformed, but be transformed

My goal is to meditate on these verses daily and make them my purpose.

I’d love to hear what your five verses are! Please let me know, because we all know I can’t just stick to my own 5!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Love your wordle!

    You know I can't pick just five. My life is so scattered that I need ALL of God's word available to me for the tests, the temptations, the tears, and also the triumphs!

    Yep - I need the whole thing - Jeremiah to keep me on track, Isaiah to remind me to hope, Genesis to remind that God did it all, Judges, Kings, Chronicles to remind me that history repeats itself, Song of songs to keep the romance in our relationship, Romans to remind me how to treat people, Ephesians to help me keep my guard up, the Psalms to remind me to praise God even when it hurts, Matthew, Mark, and Luke to keep Christ's words and actions ever before me, and John and Revelations to make me gasp in awe when I get tired. I need it all!

    I see the value in focusing.
    For me though - the abundance of God's word and the constant relevance in that abundance is my life line!

    ReplyDelete