Monday, March 28, 2011

Godly Character Quality #25: Flexibility! {Control Freak No More Series}

Godly Character Quality #25... Flexibility vs. Resistance: Not setting my affections on ideas or plans which could be changed by God or others -Colossians 3:2

Jeremiah 29:11 says,  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Hebrews 11:3 says, "By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."
Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. "
Those are just 3 pieces out of thousands that leave us with one message: The Lord is good and we should put our trust in Him.

It's not as easy as it sounds. To truly "give it up" and submit to a higher power is no easy task. Why? Well, because it means giving up that one thing we love best: Control.

Come on, you know it. Most of us crave control. We need to have everything just a certain way or we go bananas.

I know that I should just stop worrying and quit resisting God' will. I don't want to miss out on something really great just because I have my mind set on a certain thing and I'm not trusting Him.

When we start thinking we can handle it all ourselves and stop asking God, that's when things get tricky. Even so, it's just SO HARD to plan our lives around His plans for us, and not around our own plans.

Here is where the fun stuff comes in:



We've all been control freaks at some point, and we most likely still are. What's your story? Has there been a time when you just "had" to be in control of a situation, and then later you changed your mind?

Let's encourage each other as we journey into becoming more flexible women. If you have a story of letting go of control in a situation, I want to hear it!

Starting next Monday, I'm going to featuring your "Control Freak... No more!" stories! If you want to share, please leave a comment or email me at:


Let's make this a new tradition!


"Be still, and know that I am God..." - Psalms 46:10

1 comment:

  1. This is something I struggle with. I am a bit of a perfectionist and sometimes think I know best.... but I am conscious of it and recognize my way is not the best way. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete