Monday, March 21, 2011

Godly Character Quality #22: Hospitality!



Hospitality vs. Loneliness: Cheerfully sharing food, shelter and spiritual refreshment with those God brings into my life - Hebrews 13:2

I think hospitality is the ultimate topic to talk about on a blog. Why? Well, most bloggers are all about hospitality! Interacting with other bloggers, supporting each other in our endeavors, sharing ideas and guest posts, etc. The blogging world is basically a big online home for everyone to get to know each other better.

Hospitality is a great thing. It brings people together and, even better, allows us to share new insights and grow in the Word of God.

"Show hospitality to one another without grumbling."- 1 Peter 4:9

"But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined." - Titus 1:8

No one wants to feel left out, whether it be in the blogging world or the real world. Be sure to always show kindness, and smile at people. You never know; a simple gesture of hospitality that means almost nothing to you, could mean the world to someone else.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Besides earthly or Internet-based homes, we are always welcome in the Lord's home! Therefore, we should never feel lonely: we have great friends, we have God who will never forsake us, and lastly, we have the power to be a friend!

Hospitality: It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!! :) It's very timely....I just did a post thanking everyone who stopped by my blog for their encouragement. How funny is that? We must be on the same wave length.
    I agree that hospitality, in any form or place, is a gift. Jesus was all about connecting with us here on earth.
    What better way to connect with others than by being hospitable?
    Thanks for posting this.
    Be blessed~
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete