Monday, February 21, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect



I'm sure it's no secret to you that Nobody's Perfect. Everyone has their flaws, and those parts about themselves that they would love to be free of. Everyone strives for perfection, and then feels hopeless because that perfection thing isn't quite working out.

I, am one of the least perfect people out there. I make mistakes, I have more flaws than I care to discuss, I don't always make the right decisions, and I get stressed out with the best of them. However, with all that said, I would never want to be perfect. Yes, I'm saying I would rather be IMperfect.

All those flaws, character flaws, appearance flaws, etc. are not MISTAKES. Sure, I make loads of mistakes, but I am not a mistake. Neither is anyone else. We are just who we are supposed to be.

A beautiful thing is never perfect. - Proverb

I couldn't agree more. What would be the fun in living in a world where everything is ultra flawless? Where you are expected to uphold to a certain standard of perfect? Well, I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in that kind of world.

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." - Ann Quindlen

Our imperfections are what make us, US. We have to embrace them and make them useful. They are a part of us.

So, sitting here today, I know that I'm going to try to be less intimidated by all of my flaws and to make them a part of me. This is the way I'm supposed to be, so I'll take it. If I can't be perfect, I'll gladly be perfectly imperfect.

But whosoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him. - John 2:5

God Bless,





2 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog!!! New follower from the hop! Come see me!
    http://haydencouponmom.blogspot.com/2011/02/hayden-coupon-moms-100-fan-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I am your newest follower from the blog it fwd tuesday. :)
    Would love for you to follow back.
    http://southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete