Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Alexander's Family News! (Trying to contain my excitement...!)


Okay, so I have seriously been DYING to post this all day!

I saw this awesome news on A Perfect Lily this morning. I wanted so badly to post it then, but I had to get ready because I was one of the few people not off today. Ugh.

No big deal, I thought, I can do the post from my cell phone! Well, it turns out that my phone was laying under a recliner chair in our living room (How? Why? Don't ask me!) all night and the battery was dead. Lovely, right? So I had to be patient and wait until now.

Go watch this video, now, before reading on... it's only 17 seconds! (I can't get it to post here!)

Yes, if you were wondering, that is ALEXANDER!!!



Alexander, the sweet little boy who captured my heart a few weeks ago... and subsequently got a family committed to him!

Apparently, I was not the only person who fell head over heels for this little cutie. Someone else, a lovely lady named Christie (Visit her sweet blog, T-cubed: 3 boys, twins, and Trisomy 21), saw him too. She was lucky enough to be part of the over 25 crowd, of which I am not, that is eligible to adopt, so she and her husband Shawn committed to him! (Read the full story here.)

I love her story. I love adoption. I love orphans! Funny(ish) story:

Last weekend I was checking out some cute photos at Dear Laura... Love Sissy, when my sister came into the room. She saw what I was looking at and said, "Why are you so in love with babies that have Down Syndrome?" I didn't really answer her, but I knew the answer. I love orphans because they don't have anyone else to love them. As for the Down Syndrome part, well I just can't stand that a simple extra chromosome would give parents cause to give theirs kids up and send then off the a life in an institution. It's a sad beginning for those kiddos... but I want to do all I can to make it a happy ending!

I'm just amazed by what God can do. He can save lives. He can answer prayers. He can do whatever he wants, people! I'm just so thankful to have seen Alexander, and I will faithfully follow the Taylor family on their journey of adopting him.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." -Luke 18:16

God is so good, everyone!

Blessings!


P.S: Alexander is not on my sidebar anymore, but it's not because I stopped caring about him (never)! I transfer all the Reece's Rainbow cuties that find families over to my Rescued Angels page. I still pray for them everyday! I would have kept them on the sidebar, but you know, room is limited...

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Sydney! Alexander looks so happy! Many blessings to Christie and her great big heart and to you for spreading your love too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so precious, I am so happy for him and I love your heart for these kids.It is so special and challenging..thanks for your sweet sweet comments! So glad we can be blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing!!!! I am so happy to find your blog today! God is so good!

    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story and such a fantastic site!! Thank you for stopping by mine earlier and leaving such a lovely comment! I'll be your newest follower...have a super day!

    ReplyDelete