Sunday, February 27, 2011

Even God has a Sense of Humor

Yesterday, I was making a quick dinner for my family. Bisquick Chicken (that I DID NOT eat, being a vegetarian), a few packages of chicken flavored Lipton pasta sides, and some green beans. Very simple.

The noodles were done cooking, so I set the lid on top and went back to my laptop. My sister heard a big popping noise, but I told her it was just the oven.

A few minutes later, I went back to the kitchen to check on everything. I grabbed the handle of the noodle pot and pulled it off without even glancing at it.


{Cell Phone Pictures. Sorry for the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE quality, but you get the gist.}

Shattered. That’s right all the glass in the lid shattered into a thousand pieces. Miniature glass pieces went flying. I could not have been more shocked. As you can see, the glass was all mixed in with the noodles, making them inedible. 

Truthfully, the effect of the shattered glass did look pretty cool. What is not cool, though, is that apparently some of those glass shards landed on the floor. And I stepped on one. My foot hurt for the next thirty minutes.

This was definitely an unexpected surprise in my weekend. I’m just thankful that no one got hurt, because broken glass is definitely a hazard. It could have easily gotten into someone’s eye, but luckily we had someone looking out for us.

Afterwards, when we had eaten dinner (with white rice instead)  and cleaned up the glass, we all had a good laugh about this. I mean, really, who has ever seen the lid the a pot  just spontaneously shatter like that?

So the lesson I’ve learned coming out of this weekend? God has a sense of humor. Isn’t that such a relief?

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by undeserving prayers! And thank you for sharing your verses i've bookmarked them to read every morning before rolling outta bed :) your blog is very inspiring too I might add! I'm glad i stopped by and am now following
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete