Friday, February 18, 2011

Godly Character Quality #11: Orderliness!


I recently decided that my weekend project would be to remodel this blog. I knew the current design would be temporary for me. Now, I'm on to bigger and better things!!! The remodel should be completely finished by Sunday night, so check back then to see what I've done with the place.

Anyway, with a remodel comes some disorganization. For this reason, I decided to make character quality #11... Orderliness vs. Disorganization: Preparing myself and my surroundings so that I will achieve the greatest efficiency. - 1 Corinthians 14:40

It's a pretty simple concept. I know that I need to establish more order not just here, but in my life too. I know I am not as efficient as I could be. Although I try to stay organized, sometimes that just isn't reality.

However, I don't worry about it because I know everything always works out in the end. When I feel overwhelmed with all I have to do, and I just want to scream my head off (sometimes I do) because I can't get anything done, I just take a deep breath and tell myself it's going to be okay. I can be a neat freak when I want to be.

I have a friend, Julie, who, bless her heart, just cannot get organized. I mean, she has papers everywhere, she has binders with random things sticking out every which way, she's pretty much a mess. That's to me. Julie, though she would love to get more organized (and recently asked for my help, actually) is totally content the way she is. She gives it her all, and that's all she can give. She is not trying to please anyone else. That's the thing I love about her.

God made us and we are perfect the way we are. He doesn't care if we aren't always the most organized and on top of things, so why should we?
Being orderly can be tough, but just remember: if it feels organized enough for you, then it's perfect. Who cares if other people are way more organized than thou? Not me!

In honor of my remodel, I have decided to try and be a little more orderly. To start, I will list out my checklist in an organized manner:







                                                                 Created via SuperStickies

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. - 2 Corinthians 5:17

God Bless,

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Sydney! I need to do some of the same things to my blog. I don't have a signature...but you've encouraged me to make one! I recently tried my hand at creating a grab button, which I was able to do, but it still leaves something to be desired...so I guess I'll work on that too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I am also encouraged. How do I go about making a signature? I've never had one on my blog.
    P.S. I LOVE feeling organized. To me organization = calm :)

    ReplyDelete