Monday, February 14, 2011

Godly Character Quality #10: Love (What else?)


Happy Valentines Day!

If you were unaware of this (or you REALLY just didn't care!), I didn't post about any character qualities at all last week! I had so much else going on that were just higher priority. Today, however, I couldn't think of a better thing to post: Godly Character is quality #10 is... Love vs. Selfishness: Giving to others basic needs without having as my motive personal reward. - 1 Corinthians 13:3

  Love is pretty self-explanatory. The operation definition is right though; you can't be selfish! When you love people you give them a piece of your heart. So don't be stingy. Love your family, love your friends, love your life!

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." -Morrie Schwartz



As for me, I spent the day with the family and friends I love. I baked a cheesecake, and since I love festive things I really wanted to swirl some hearts onto it using some strawberry sauce (soooo healthy, I know). Well, it turns out my cheesecake had a huge crack in it and, needless to say, um... well we just poured the strawberries over our slices. Nikki, over at Pennies on a Platter, does it way better! (I really want some of those cute heart pans!)


Anyway, I hope your Valentine's Day was full of love and sweet surprises!

God Bless,

Sydney

P.S: Just curious... does anybody actually like conversation hearts? Seriously, I don't understand why they are still being sold. They might be good decoration or something but... I put one in my mouth yesterday and promptly spit it in the trash. (Nice story, huh?)




The best Valentines post I've read today is:


Check out her blog! One of my favorites.

Thank's Jenna!

2 comments:

  1. PS I just realized you mentioned Pennies on a Platter! WHAT I know Nikki in "real life"! HA amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your cheesecakes look AMAZING!! Yum! Thanks for adding your post on blogfrog, looking forward to following!
    Ashley
    http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete