Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 hours and 42 minutes... with God?



A few months ago I was listening to one of Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everyday Life podcasts. (I was listening to them every night for a short while... that didn't last.) Anyway, I head something that really sparked my interest.

Most of us would have NO PROBLEM watching a 2 hour and 42 minute movie (this was just the random time she used in the podcast). We would enjoy it. We could spend 3 hours on a computer or watch t.v easily and without complaint.

What about spending approximately 3 hours praying and worshiping God, though?



Most of us would complain, saying, "UGH. I can't do that! I don't have the TIME!" Well, you had time to watch the movie, didn't you?

That's the thing i love about Joyce Meyer. She keeps you thinking. Her podcast is not boring. She definitely makes you think in a way you never would have otherwise.

Fact: The average minister spends only 4 minutes a day in prayer. She's talking real prayer... we all know ministers stand up in front of the congregation and give sermons, but how much personal time do they truly dedicate to God?

Obviously, Joyce Meyer isn't saying you need to pray for 3 hours a day. There really isn't enough time in a day for THAT. It just a realization. How much time do you truly give to God everyday? 

I think that was my favorite podcast ever. I don't remember it all, but I'm going to try to find it.

Evaluate yourself: do you spend enough time in prayer? Do you give it all up to Him?

Something to think about.

God Bless,

Sydney

P.S: Eat the cookie... Buy the shoes by Joyce Meyer (pictured above) is a really good book. I highly recommend it. Giving yourself permission to lighten up... isn't that what we all want?




No comments:

Post a Comment