Thursday, February 3, 2011

Godly Character Quality #8: Wisdom! (plus... Max's Miracle! )



As the above photo has most likely already informed you, Godly character quality #8 is: Wisdom vs. Natural Inclinations: Seeing and responding to life situations from God's frame of reference. -Proverbs 9:10

To me, this means that I have to trust God with everything. Many people, including me, ask God when we know we can't handle something. That's wonderful, but what about when we think we can  handle something?


That's the thing. Be it a major life-changing decision or just a little everyday situation, we need God. We have to ask Him what we should do and trust that what He leads us to do will always be right.

Everyone has the thought that they can handle things on their own; its natural. Natural, common, or typical is not always GOOD (post about this coming tomorrow)! We have to fight our instincts that say tell us we are independent and need no help, because we do need help.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." - Psalms 32:8

We can depend on the Lord. In fact, He actually WANTS us to depend on Him. He loves us. He is our father; our heavenly father. Just like our Earthly father, He wants us to  be able to come to Him no matter what.



Wisdom is a deep understanding of something. It has nothing to do being smart. It's just the ability to be knowledgeable about the world around you and to make the right choices. Correction, the Godly choices.
Even though a choice may seem right, it may not be the way God wants you to go.

Go to your Bible, go to prayer, and get an understanding of what He wants you to do in any situation that comes up. It's not a hard concept in itself; it just requires a lot of faith. Put your faith in Him and you will be rewarded. He is the ultimate giver.

I will never leave you nor forsake you. - Hebrews 13:5

God Bless,

Sydney

Miracles Happen!

I'm so excited and thankful I can't even think. Max has a family!!!!!!!!!!

He was on my mind for a while, but I only just posted about him last Saturday! I it wasn't me that helped him though... I mean, no one even reads this blog! However, I was praying so hard for him. Anything is possible with the power of prayer.

I don't know any details, but I will try to find them out soon. All I know is that I logged onto Reece's Rainbow, looked up Max, and low and behold I saw that his family has found him. 

i am over the moon. I can't believe that this happened so quickly! I knew he would touch some wonderful parents hearts the way he touched mine... I had faith. 

I'm in awe at what the power God has. It really is miraculous.  

Of course, Max is still pretty far from home and his family will need all the financial help they can get. I'm praying that he will get some big donations.

I had no idea what I would have to do to get Max a family, but I was willing. I had no resources, no real way to do anything. No power. But God had the power.

I'll be advocating for Max until the day he gets home. There is no doubt about that. God is so good. Just when he knows you need it, He gives you a sign.

"Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming." - Matthew 24:42

Apparently, I do know now. That day, was today.

Thank you, God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment