Saturday, February 26, 2011

Godly Character Quality #12: Enthusiasm!



12… out of 49.

I’m pretty sure that if I actually kept up with this series and posted 3 character qualities a week, we would be half way through. Obviously, that didn’t happen, but I’m going to change! Unless I have this burning desire to post something else, then I’m going to start doing Character Qualities every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Remind me!

So I felt like this series was really lacking. The posts are so irregular that no one (including me) is really able to get… what’s the word? Oh, enthusiastic. So without further adieu, Godly character quality 12 is… Enthusiasm vs. Apathy: Expressing with my spirit the joy of my soul. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16, 19.

God loves us. He chose to let us live in this great world, and for that I am so grateful! Whenever I’m having a bad day, and I’m just totally stressed out and ready to give up, I ask God to renew my spirit. I think of all the wonderful blessings I’ve been given in life, take a deep breath, and try to express the joy that is always in my heart. Previously, I have let my joy just sit idle inside of me, but I’m done with that.

In my nightly prayers, I always ask God to present me with a way to help others. I understand the importance of showing compassion to my peers. I know I don’t do it enough. I want people to be able to learn from me and look to me as a role model. I want it to show in my countenance that I am radiantly happy to be where I am.

I’m going to focus on showing my love for the Lord more prominently. Because I do love Him. I will strive to always be of a joyful spirit. Otherwise, people might look at me, assume that I am unhappy and unfulfilled in my life, and worst of all, that I don’t truly love God.



I’m so deeply joyful to be a child of God. Are you?

Blessings!


P.S: Right in the middle of this post, I took a break to go blog surfing. Kind of random, but I'm SO glad I did. I stumbled upon the most perfect post ever. It seriously melted my heart. It sums up all I am trying to convey with this post in an easy, beautiful way. Please read this lovely post from Sweet Blessings about a woman who is so totally fulfilled in her life and proud of it, too!  I hope you are as inspired as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment