Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day to Save Olga

Remember this little sweetheart?


Or rather, this little heartbreaker?

Oh, Olga. I can't even begin to tell you how many nights and days I have spent thinking about Olga. About orphans.

Today is about Olga. If you haven't stopped by yet, visit Olga's family at Saving our Starfish. I am so overjoyed for them as they take this journey of courage and love. This journey of bring Olga to where she belongs, away from the image and emotions of orphanages.

We all know adoption is no easy process. We can't just exclaim, "I'm adopting! Let's jet over to Europe and pick up our next little darling!" I wish. It takes a whole lot of money. More money than any of us has individually. But together...

Our amazing Patti has already played a giant part in saving over $13,000 for Olga!!! Be proud, Patti. :)

Chris and Jenn are still in need of quite a bit of money, most importantly dossier money. $7,000 worth of dossier money.

Today is a Day to Save Olga. Donate whatever you can... $1, $27, $53, $101, really, whatever you can. 

So today, while I'm out and about, at work, at the grocery, right here in bed, I really won't be. Because my heart, my brain, my thoughts, my prayers.... are all overseas with Olga. I'm praying that yours are too!

The book I'm currently reading, Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman, does a great job of of explaining it all. Before they adopted their first little girl from China, Shaohannah, Mary Beth was down right scared. She had suffered from depression for years, and she didn't know how on Earth she was going to handle it. She was ready to call herself downright crazy. She was terrified. Terrified she couldn't live up to the expectations of an adoptive parent. But the thing is, there really is no adoptive parent. Parents are parents. And with that said, Children are children. Mary Beth had been afraid she wouldn't love Shaohannah as much as her biological children, but as soon as she laid eyes on her she knew that was false.She loved Shaohannah with all her mind, soul, heart, and being.

I don't want anyone to be afraid of adoption. When I read that part of the book, I almost cried because it was so sweet. I know I'm not afraid. I'm really, truly, not.

I'm 18 years old. I have a long way to go until I can adopt.  But I'm not scared at all. I know that when I am able to adopt I will. Why? Because in the end, all that truly matters is the moment when your child is put into your arms. And you realize that you could never love them any less. You realize that you have truly saved a life.

This isn't about me. though. No way. Today is selfless day. Today is all about OLGA!!!

Let's do some good today. Let's bring home an orphan. :) I smile just typing that.

In the end, we're all a little clueless. A lot clueless. WE don't know everything, we don't always do the right things, but there is someone who will lead us wrong. The One who deserves ever single morsel of credit for the miracle of adoption and saving lives. Just know that...

God is Good, ALL the time!!!

Rejoice, because today is the day. It's Olga's day. What a lovely day it is.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment