Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blogging Barefoot



Have you ever gone to work without shoes? School? The Mall? Even the park?

For most of US the answer is, "No way!" But what about.... those in other countries?

In underprivileged countries all over the world, children go without shoes. They walk for miles in horrible conditions, without anything to protect their feet.

TOMS, a shoe company, is trying to make a difference. For every one pair of their shoes you buy for yourself, they give a pair to a child in need {how cool is that?}

Today, is One Day Without Shoes. People from all over were challenged to spend ONE day, just one, with no shoes.

Raising Awareness. You gotta love it!!!



I spent my day barefoot. It wasn't hard. I'm off this whole week, so it's not like I had to leave to go to work or anything. Only in a way, I wish I HAD been working.

Then I would have experienced maybe 1/1,000 of what millions of children experience daily.

It makes me sad that so many kids go without something we don't even think of. Shoes are just there. We put them on everyday as an instinct.

But, today, Today make me happy, because it's a period of 24 hours where we are all coming together to spread the word about TOMS and One Day Without Shoes!

So... did you wear shoes today?



3 comments:

  1. Ok I confess I didn't do it BUT I did see a lot of my fellow students doing it and LOVED seeing them dedicate their day to the cause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met many of these dear souls that go barefoot...what a neat thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a proud supporter of TOM shoes and I confess I have 3 pairs.

    ReplyDelete