Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Take A Leap

Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together,
Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"
"Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.
"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"
Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.
When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. {Genesis 22:6-10}
I am going through this journey of reading the Bible in 90 Days {it's amazing, you guys!}, and this is the passage that stuck out to me the most from day 2.

God asked Abraham to take his only son, whom he loved so much and go sacrifice him as a burnt offering.

And Abraham didn't even question him.

God was asking this man to kill his son and he wasn't doubtful at all. He was willing to do whatever God wished, and he wasn't afraid; He knew that God would work everything for good.

What an amazing faith.

I know for certain that if I, or any of you for that matter, were in Abraham's place, we would have said, "Yeah right, God!" and totally ignored what God asked us to do.

Because at that point, God must be crazy, right? There is know way that a sane, rational God would ask you to do something like that.

Friends, God is NOT crazy.

More like amazing.

Sometimes He will test our faith. We will be scared out of our minds at times, it's true. We won't know what the future holds, but girls, that's okay!

Because He knows what our future holds. He will work everything for good {Romans 8:28}, as long as we put our full trust in him.

Stop holding back. Give God your all! Isn't that the least He deserves?

Next time your placed in a trying situation, pray, and do what God wants you to do. Don't question or doubt him. Put your all-trusting, faith in him, and take a leap.


Your Sister In Christ, Sydney

4 comments:

  1. Love the photo and call to faith. Yes...He is so, so amazing! What a great challenge too...to read the Bible in 90 days. Can't wait to read more...
    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of Abraham and Isaac challenges me every single time. It reminds me that God can ask me to place on the altar of sacrifice even what he himself has given me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing as I read that yesterday!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly: I LOVE the picture!
    This is really scary.... it's easy to read and agree - but, in real life; WOULD YOU trust entirely and not even question God: I like to believe that I live by Faith and Trust in God entirely and completely - what would worry me (and worry isn't a gift from God) is ... I would ask myself this question: Is it really GOD asking/telling me to do this or, ..... is this the Devil... We have to be SO SURE that we are listening to the right person... I don't suppose I could really in all honesty, answer this question properly until faced with 'a similar' situation ... until then, I rely on my Faith and live by Grace :)

    ReplyDelete