Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Pot

Hey Everyone!

Happy Sunday!

Today happens to be a first on this blog: I'm sharing my very first recipe! I LOVE to cook and bake, but I usually don't share my creations online. However, today I had a huge sweet tooth, so I decided to make some no-bake cookies.

Oh.My.Gosh.

These cookies are amazing! You must try them. :) They are really easy and fast too, because they don't require the oven at all (you actually boil them. Sounds odd, but it tastes good.)

I already had all of these ingredients of hand, and you might too. If so, you should definitely whip up a batch!



Choco-Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

Directions:

1. In a medium-sized pot bring to a boil the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let it boil for 1 minute. Turn the burner off.
2. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
3. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop cookie dough by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.

Note: The one thing I actually didn't have out of those ingredients was the waxed paper. Instead, I sprayed some Pam on a few of my cookie sheets and placed the cookies on that to cool and harden. It worked great, and they still tasted delicious, but the bottoms of the cookies were a little greasy because of the Pam. :)

Enjoy!

Your Sister In Christ, Sydney

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds yummy!! Gotta give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First recipe....that's great. I love recipes and this one has chocolate and I don't have to turn my oven on....bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No oven - save on electric bills.... a definite! (My hubby will love this!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate and peanut butter is among my FAVORITE flavor combos... yum!!!

    ReplyDelete