Friday, July 29, 2011

...Just Believe!

Child-like faith


"Do not fear, only believe." {Mark 5:36}

Have you ever had a Bible verse just speak to you? 

This one did. 

It's so short... only 5 simple words. Yet at the same time, it's incredibly inspiring.

How many times have you been scared? Unsure about the direction your life was taking? Doubtful that things would turn out right?

But what was there to be afraid of?
Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
How many times have you said, "I can't do this!"? Worried that you weren't strong enough, brave enough, smart enough, pretty enough...?

But why didn't you just believe in yourself?
Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
How many times have you said a prayer only for it to never be answered? For God to not listen, and to leave you questioning His existence and doubting His goodness?

But didn't you have faith?
Mark 11:24 says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
You see what I mean?

So in Mark 5:36 we are told not to fear (or to cast our cares on the Lord, as Psalms 55:22 puts it.) but only to believe (believe that you can do anything, no matter how big or scary, John 14:12 puts it.).

Stop letting that fear or worry get to you, and start believing that you were given a truly wonderful and perfect, yes perfect, life by the One and only who can give life!

He'll never forsake you, and he'll always love you so much...

Just believe in Him, because He's got your back!

Your Sister In Christ, Sydney

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder! I have been worrying about things lately; such as what if's. I guess being a mom I try to "look ahead" to try and prevent any accidents and let me tell you it paralyzes me. I don't want to leave the house, just want to stay safe in our own little bubble. I needed to read this today! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The awesome thing is that we don't have to believe in ourselves just believe that

    (Hbr 11:6 NKJV) - [6] But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

    and also...

    (2Cr 12:10 NKJV) - [10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

    He is mighty and powerful God we serve and His love for us is so much greater than our understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! Just today I was driving home and praying, telling God I didn't know if I could do this. Then just started praying over and over, "I can do all things through Christ". Over and over. Out loud. So much peace from that.

    ReplyDelete