Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eternally Blessed!


God's Eternal Blessings

God’s eternal blessings

Flow down from above
To equip us in His mission
To spread His wondrous love
So He can always use us
And stretch us in our faith
So we may be a blessing
To others by His grace
For everything we need
God will graciously provide
Through His eternal blessings
That’s abundant in our lives
- By M.S.Lownde


Isn't that a beautiful poem? 


Everyday, I try to be a blessing to someone in a new way. I am blessed! Say that with me now. I don't think we really realize how blessed we are.

We have warm beds to sleep in.

We have healthy (maybe!) food to eat.

We have computers, iPods, cell phones, and much more.

Yet, somehow we always manage to find something to complain about. Just so that we can say, "I'm not as blessed as you think I am."

That's not true.

Be the change, sweet friend!

Turn the world upside down. Learn to love yourself, your family/friends. your life, and most of all you Creator with all your mind, body, soul and strength!

Some people need a reminder of just how blessed they are. I remember a few weeks ago when we were having a family dinner. I wanted to ask my aunt a question about flowers (she's the expert) and so I asked, gave her a quick hug, and went on with my day. No big deal, right?

Well, later, my aunt came up to me to thank me. She had been feeling a little down, and that was the perfect pick-me-up for her. 

Even just a simple smile can do the trick. I make a point to smile at everyone I see, even if we are just passing by on the street, and even if they don't smile back! 

Make a point to be blessed and be a blessing. "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart!"- Psalms 37:4 Sometimes, I think we are too afraid to delight in Him. We're afraid of the unknown. We don't know what will be in store for us when we open our hearts to accept His blessings and pass them on to others. My guess is as good as yours. All I know is this: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11

And trust me on this one, friends, He will not disappoint! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment